There is nothing more enjoyable than waking up on a Saturday morning to a sweet delicious scent of pancakes. I love making pancakes, they are so easy and simple to make. You can add a different variety of toppings and fillings. I like making both the french style pancake – la crepe and the American style pancakes. Below I am going to share with you my all-time favorite gluten-free vegan pancakes recipe that suits a lot of different diets.
All the ingredients are probably already sitting in your fridge, and if some are missing, you can easily find them in any store. You can also check out some of the tips I will leave for cases when you do not have a certain ingredient. After all, pancakes are very versatile…. 🙂
Go ahead and try it. Leave a comment below if you enjoyed this easy gluten-free vegan pancake recipe.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together with rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients, that being milk, oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. When thoroughly whisked together, add to the dry mixture.
- Starting mixing the batter, until only a few lumps are left. You don't want to have tough pancakes, therefore do not over mix.
- Let the batter sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat your pan on a medium-low setting.
- Lightly oil the surface of the pan.
- Using a ¼ cup, pour the pancake batter on your pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until you notice bubbles forming.
- You can subsitute coconut milk with almond or soy. It still taste delicious!
- Instead of olive oil, you can use coconut and it will only enhance and make the coconut flavour of the pancakes stronger.
- You can substitute rice flour with coconut.